Saturday 15 December 2012

Devil's Food Cupcakes with Mascarpone Creamcheese Cream

This recipe is a Magnolia Bakery one, well at least the cake recipe is. It is Magnolia Bakery's Devil's Food Cake. The cake itself is really sweet, so it goes really well with the slightly sour cream. Have a try!

 
 
For the cupcakes you need:
2 cups flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Sift together the dry ingredients. In another bowl cream the butter, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, and the vanilla extract. Finally, add the dry ingredients and buttermilk, each in several parts, alternating. Spoon the batter into three greased and floured muffin tins, or as many silicon muffin tins as needed. I used about 30 because I only filled them about 2/3. I wanted the muffins to be rather small.


Place them into the oven on 180°C for about 25 minutes. Afterwords, they should look like this:


For the cream you need:

250 g mascarpone
175 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
If desired, you can add one tbsp. of a cream liquor.

Beat all ingredients until well combined. Fill into a pastry bag with a star tip and off you go :)


They looked really pretty, but nevertheless, I felt that something was still missing. Then I found a package of those little dolphins in my cupboard and... well... just look at the pictures :)


Oh, by the way... I came late to theatre rehearsal and the cast was waiting for me, so I thought it only appropriate to bake for them for our next rehearsal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment