Wednesday 19 December 2012

Cardamom Plum-filled Cookies


As you might have realized by now, I love spices. Especially cardamom. So, for this year's Christmas cookies, I searched for cardamom cookies as well, and found those 'moons'. They are filled with plum preserves, but since I did not have enough of it, I filled the remaining cookies with black currant jelly. I think, you can fill them with what jelly or preserve you like. Yay, experiments :)

 

All you need for this treat is:

300 g flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salts of hartshorn
100 g sugar
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
150 g butter
2 eggs
300 g plum preserve

Knead all ingredients except for the plum preserve until they form a dough. I usually start with the blender, but then go to knead it with my hands because then I can feel the texture of the dough, whether it is too dry or too sticky. 
Refrigerate for at least two hours. 

Then, roll out on a thoroughly floured surface (you will need quite a lot of flour) to a thickness of about 3 mm and cut out circles that are 6 cm in diameter. I used a dumpling form, as you can see in the next few pictures. Fill a small amount of preserve onto the circle and press it closed (see pictures). If you do not have such a form, just use a glass to cut out the circles and press the edges together with a fork.

 Place them on a lined baking tray, about 2 cm of space in between. Brush them with milk and then bake on 200°C for about 10 minutes.
They might look simple, but they are really tasty. Love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment