Friday 27 January 2012

Cake Pops: Chocolate Flowers

Lately, I read so much about cake pops that I wanted to have a try making them. But hell week AND a four-tier-cake in one week is simply too much... I thought... There were the tops of two tiers left because two of the four cakes were bulky so I had to cut off the tops. But what to do with them? Hmm... There was some cheese-buttercream left as well.

So, I crumbled the cake leftovers into the blender and added small amounts of the filling at a time. The mixture should not be crumbly anymore, so that you can form it, but be careful not to add too much cream.

Then, choose a cookie cutter to your liking and squish the mixture into the cutter, paying attention to fill in all the gaps.


Here they go.



When they are ready leave them in a cool place for several hours, so that they get a bit more firm. Then, poke a lolly stick, or a kind of long toothpick (just look at the next picture and you will know what I mean) into one end of the cake and dip it into melted chocolate of your choice.



In the end, what you get is this:


Actually, you stick the cake pops into a block of styrofoam to set. Lacking one, I simply put them on a tray, lined with baking paper, to allow them to set. 

Yummie they are and I am sure there will be more within this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment