Monday 9 October 2017

Gothic Wedding Cake


And yet another wedding cake.

'Any ideas what your daughter would like her wedding cake to look like? Is there a wedding theme?'
-'It's a Gothic themed wedding.'
'Ok. Which direction? Rather lolita-frilly, rather Victorian, rather Steampunk-y, rather ...?'
-'No, it's Gothic. That is ... black and skulls and stuff ...'

Later, I got to know that the bride's dress would be black and dark violet, so I chose those colours for the cake as well. Concerning the general style of the wedding cake, I went for the classics (roses, butterflies, ...) but adjusted them a little to the theme. 
And that's what I came up with ... 


The top tier:



By the way, it's not that easy to find black doilies 'round here ...


The bottom tier:




Top tier again:





At the venue, close-up:



At the venue, total:





After they cut it, the couple called me and my first thought was that something terrible must have happened, but they were just very happy and said they loved the cake so much, they did not want to destroy it at first, but were glad they did because ... nom-nom-nom ... 😁

So, that was my first go at a ... dark-ish wedding cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment