Sunday 6 August 2017

Gemini Birthday Cake

So, it's more than two years since my last post here. A lot has happened within the last two years, like buying a house, for example. Lots of cakes have been baked and while rediscovering my blog, I also found several half-ready posts that are still waiting in line.

I will end my blogging-abstinence with a birthday cake a colleague asked my to make for her elder daughter. Said daughter's zodiac sign is Gemini and at that time she has developed an interest for stellar constellations, so that's what she got.



I don't remember what kind of cake it was exactly, but it had two thin layers of vanilla sponge and a thick layer of yoghurt cream with tangerines. All that covered in dark chocolate. The stars are made of icing and ... well, sugar stars, whereas the stardust consists of self-made coloured sugar. Simply put some crystalline sugar with a few drops of blue and green liquid food colour into a small plastic bag and shake it until all the sugar crystals are coloured. Then, spread on a baking sheet and let dry. Et voila, ready to use 😊

Concerning further posts, there are even some wedding cakes I haven't yet blogged about, so those I will definitely share within the next ... (I don't dare to say days ...) ... weeks :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment